Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Joining us in June

When I missed an out-of-the-blue phone call from my sister last weekend, I figured there was big news. 

“She’s pregnant!”  I told my dad confidently before speaking to her. 
“Or she’s moving to Portland!”

He kept quiet about the topic, insisting I call her as soon as possible.

“You’re going to be an auntie again,” she said calmly, once I was able to reach her.
“Yay!” I yelled, passing on the exciting news to Uncle Ryan.
“And there are two babies,” she said when she spoke again.

I think I was silent for a full fifteen seconds as my mouth dropped open in surprise.  Then my face was overtaken with a huge smile. 

We can’t wait to meet the twins, a boy and a girl, due in June.  They will join my sister’s other two children, our adorable niece and nephew.  Congratulations Maya and Erin!  We couldn’t be happier for you.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, you're going to make me cry!
    I can't wait for you to meet them either!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete