Friday, July 22, 2011

Farm Fresh Berries

I love summer.  I love the sun, the parties, the waterfront festivals, and the time spent outdoors with friends and family.  One of my favorite things about summer is the trips my mom and I make annually to Sauvie Island.  The thirty minute drive leads us to a string of farms where we quickly get to work filling baskets with the berry of the moment.  Over the years we've brought home fresh and juicy strawberries, raspberries and peaches.  

Mom I recently headed to Sauvie to pick my favorite food: fresh blueberries.  But to no avail.  Due to the stretch of rain we've had in the area, the farm was not yet open for picking.  Our plan B was to pick strawberries or raspberries.  That is until we found they were completely picked over.  We settled for the farm's pints of picked berries and took in the beautiful Sauvie Island scenery.

We'll be back again soon, ready to pick some blueberries!

No comments:

Post a Comment