Monday, July 22, 2013

A Special Occasion

Tonight Ryan and I went on a good old fashioned date.  
It was a Monday, and not a special day--besides the fact that we were apart all last week while Ryan was working on a wildfire in central Oregon and we missed each other.

He picked me up (from work) like a true gentleman and we tried to go to one of our old favorites (closed) so we chose another great place for happy hour.  
We sipped mojitos and margaritas, ate way too much gourmet Mexican food, and then capped the evening off with the much loved ice cream from Salt & Straw.

There are no pictures because I went out straight from work, my hair was a mess, my clothes were not cute, and I spent my day chasing after three year olds... 
So when I tell you it was a wonderful evening, you'll just have to take my word for it.

And that brings me to this quote.  
It doesn't take a fancy night out, a fresh new outfit, or cute hair to make an evening something special.  And taking advantage of summer evenings with my sweetheart need no special reason.

There's always a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment