Monday, April 25, 2011

Home sweet home: The weekend in review

In case you didn't already know.........we're home!  After thirty hours of travel and approximately three hours of sleep we arrived at PDX on Tuesday afternoon.

My dad made a delicious Mexican meal of cheese enchiladas, beans, and rice to welcome us home.  Before long we cozied up under the down comforter atop our feather bed and slept.  A lot.

Ryan requested Pine State for or our first breakfast back home.  It's rare to catch the tiny space on a day when it's not packed, but we got lucky since it was a weekday.  Ryan indulged in the "Reggie deluxe" pictured here.  I forgot my camera so I borrowed this pic.
{fried chicken, bacon, gravy, cheese, and a fried egg on a biscuit}

We spent the rest of the day walking around the neighborhood enjoying the fresh air and genuinely nice people. 

Friday morning I joined my mom at Slappy Cakes where we cooked our own deliciously sweet banana pecan pancakes.  


Later I enjoyed happy hour with a few close friends.  Of course we had margaritas.  Finally!


On Saturday we attended the wedding of one of Ryan's closest friends.  The day couldn't have been better.  The sun was shining over the small courtyard packed with the bride and groom's loved ones.  It was great to catch up with everyone and be a part of such a special day.


Ryan and I had lunch with my parents on Sunday and later parted ways to do our favorite things: fishing for him, dinner riverside at the Old Spaghetti Factory with my best friend for me.  Ryan even drove by on the boat to wave hello.  (White speck on the left).


Tonight we had dinner with more of our best friends and finally got to congratulate them in person on their upcoming wedding.

It feels good to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment