Thursday, March 8, 2012

Happy Birthday, BFF

Erin and I met in sixth grade language arts class.  While our friendship wasn't instant, we eventually bonded, and the rest is history.

We've spent countless nights over the years gossiping about boys, having manicure parties, vegging out with movie marathons, and trick-or-treating into our high school years.  What can I say?  I love candy.

Erin and I really grew up together, but unlike many young friendships, we never grew apart.  We didn't attend the same school beyond eighth grade, but we've always stayed close. 

I came across this quote recently and it really made me stop and think about relationships and friendship.

"Respect those friends who find time for you in their busy schedule. But really love those friends who never look at their schedule when you need them."

Erin is the kind of friend who would drop everything for someone she cares about.  Lucky me!

Over the last sixteen years she has taught me an immeasurable amount about friendship, loyalty and life.  In return, I taught her how to drive.

 Erin and I took about three million photos together in the days before digital cameras.
If I had access to my old albums and a scanner, there would be some embarrasing pics in this post.  Luckily for everyone involved, that's not the case.  Here's a cute one instead.  


Happy Birthday Erin. I love you!

1 comment:

  1. She sounds like an awesome friend. Happy birthday Erin!!

    ReplyDelete