Thursday, March 1, 2012

The Weekend, Milestones and Life Lately

Life has been busy lately, but good.  Although the weekend seems like forever ago, it was nice to relax after finishing a ton of work on Friday to wrap up the school year that came to an end yesterday. 

We stayed in on Friday night and whipped up some pineapple margaritas.  Lots.  We definitely made up for not partaking in National Margarita Day.  Ryan also made some delicious Mexican food to go with our cocktails.

Getting together with friends at a used English bookstore/coffee/wine and beer shop for drinks and games seemed like a nice low key way to spend Saturday night.

On Sunday we joined the same friends at their place for french toast brunch.  They had real maple syrup, a luxury around these parts.  They also have the most adorable rescued puppy!

That evening Ryan's team played in its first ultimate frisbee game of the spring season and pulled out a win.  I predict another championship in their future!

Besides an end to the school year, this week marked some other milestones as well.

We've been back in Busan for six months now.  The time seems to have flown by, which I both love and hate at the same time.  I am a true believer in living in the moment, but like most people I have a tendency to get caught up in the daily grind and sometimes need reminders to enjoy this time in my life before it passes too quickly.

When I reminisce on those hot and sticky first days back, I realize we've already been here for the end of a summer, into fall, and now hopefully we're nearing the end of this chilly winter.  I can't wait to see cherry blossoms signifying spring is here.

Two years ago today I started this blog to document our adventures the first time around.  At this time in 2010 we were fresh off an airplane, gazing around in wonder at each new sight and sound we encountered in our new home. We had no idea where life would take us, and never could have predicted we'd be back here now.  

I'm in a better place now than I was two weeks ago.  I feel good about where we are and where we're going.  I think it's helped that I've made an effort to connect more often with some of the people who are closest to me at home.  Thank you skype!

Speaking of skype, I got the full recap on the rest of my parents' trip this morning since we were off school for a holiday.  (Happy Independence Movement Day Korea!)  It sounds like they had a wonderful time exploring Southeast Asia.  

After skyping I celebrated by staying in my PJs all day, catching up on what I missed at the Academy Awards, and reading with a cup of tea and a designer muffin.  I was so happy to get my hands on this book after being left in suspense since finishing the first one in September.

I had no complaints about taking a Thursday off for the holiday.  Four-day work weeks are fine anytime.  Is next week too soon? 

1 comment:

  1. mmm. the food. it's all about the food! I still have yet to start book #2 in the series! and the movie comes out so soon. I'm so far behind! This is coming from the girl who never read/watched Harry Potter or the Twilight series though:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete