Wednesday, October 13, 2010

14th Holidays: Wine and photos- but not necessarily together


I promised to alert you to the (often couple related) Korean holidays that fall on the 14th of each month.  Since last month was a busy one, it completely slipped my mind at the time.

What you missed in September was Photo Day.  On Photo day, couples take pictures together so they can remember their love.  We often see couples capturing photos of themselves, with their camera phones in outstretched hands. 

Photography is huge here, so it’s not surprising that one of the 14th holidays revolves around it.

While Photo Day seems nice, I think we’ve discovered our favorite of the holidays so far.

Today, October 14th, is Wine Day!  As you may have guessed, this is a day where couples drink wine together.  Ryan and I tend to celebrate our very own Wine Day a few times a month, and if I didn't have a cold that's been hanging on for four weeks, I would definitely indulge in some today.  Instead, I'll leave the wine drinking to you.


Gambe!
(Or in English, Cheers!)

1 comment:

  1. Wine Day? OK I am seriously living in the wrong country.

    What's up with your never ending cold? Is it time to take another adventure to the doctor, or are you gun shy from your last experience?

    Got your postcard yesterday! Thank you!
    I told Erin we got a postcard from you, from Japan and she said, don't you mean Korea? I said no, Japan! Norah and Ryan are world travelers!
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete