Monday, July 2, 2012

Weekends in Contrast

Recently Ryan made plans to visit the northern part of the country (no, not thaaaat far north) when he heard of a waterpark/battle of the bands event taking place at the Korean resort that will play host to the 2018 winter olympics.

  He hopped on a popular ex-pat band's charter bus early Saturday and returned home Sunday, exhausted.  Here's what happened in between.


Excerpt from a texting convo we had Sunday morning:
 Me: What's on the agenda for today?
Ryan: Dunno. Recover. Ride the gondola. Pet some sheep. 
Me: That's the strangest text I've ever received.
The best photo ever.

...............................................................................................................................................

My weekend was a little less exciting, but perfect for me.

I caught up one of my favorite shows, made homemade rosemary fries from potatoes dug up from a recent school field trip (post to come), took an afternoon walk on Dalmaji Hill, then sipped too much wine and gossiped about American celebrities with girlfriends on a perfectly picturesque rooftop.

Between our teeny tiny apartment and shared work environment, Ryan and I don't spend much time apart.  When we do it just makes us appreciate how lucky we are to share so much of our time together.

1 comment:

  1. What great weekends--both of them!
    Agree that photo of Ryan and his "friend" is one of the best ever. I actually spit out my coffee I laughed so hard. Thanks for that! :-)

    ReplyDelete