Thursday, September 19, 2013

August, the Last Bit of Summer

August has always been my favorite month.  The weather is pretty much guaranteed to be warm, (which is not something can you say about most months in Oregon) there is always a wedding that brings together family and/or friends, my family goes on their annual camping trip, the Ducks play their first football game, Ryan and I get to celebrate our anniversary, and at the end of the month, I have a birthday.  
In August people realize that summer is coming to a close, so those long warm nights are not taken for granted.  This August was definitely one to remember.

+Belated Happy (31st!) Anniversary to mom and dad
 

+Visiting goats in their SE Portland habitat

+Celebrating at a friend's gorgeous wedding

+Alberta Street Fair with friends



+Brunch amidst Ryan's crazy August schedule to celebrate four years of marriage
 

+Sunrise on one of the fires Ryan fought

+Freshly picked blackberries over ice cream

+Bridge walk with mom and dad
 

+Fresh veggies from Ryan's garden

+Camping and sunsets at the beach

+Wine tasting for my 29th birthday
 

+Birthday lunch with my honey
 

+Ice cream flight at Salt & Straw

+29 candles

+First Duck football game at Autzen Stadium since 2009!

While I'm sad to see summer go, I'm excited for the season ahead.  
We haven't spent an autumn at home since 2009.  How much has changed since then!  
The past five months at home have reminded me how lucky I am to have such wonderful people close to me and I'll continue to enjoy every moment with them.  
Exciting things are happening for me and for Ryan as we lay the foundations for our career paths and future.
Here we go, fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment