Sunday, August 14, 2011

Celebrating Two Years

I’ve spent summers visiting central Oregon since I was a little girl.  My grandparents built a house there in the early ‘70s, and today it still sits within the gorgeous Black Butte Ranch.  After the wedding festivities of late July, Ryan and I spent a week there taking advantage of the opportunity to swim, hike, and relax in the sun.  

I was overjoyed to have an oven, which I used to bake a delicious blueberry tart and some yummy dinners.

Ryan spent a morning golfing with his dad, who happened to be in Black Butte where he and his wife celebrated their twenty-first wedding anniversary (congrats!) and we also joined them for dinner.

We also spent time in the adorable towns of Sisters and Bend, where we joined Ryan’s aunt, uncle and cousin at their house for a wonderful dinner.  Credit should be given to them for putting the idea of travel in our heads, without which this little blog would not exist. :)

............................................................................................................................
On our actual anniversaryRyan surprised me with the prettiest bouquet I’ve ever seen.  We toasted two years of marriage with margaritas (what else?) and later saw a movie.  The wedding cake that had sat in my parent's freezer since our wedding day was dessert once we got home.  And you know what?  It was actually quite tasty.

It's a lot of fun to look back on last year and see where we were.  I can’t wait to see what the future holds for next year. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment