Monday, March 1, 2010

The "Love" Motel

As promised, here are more details on our accommodations when we first arrived in Busan. The director of our school was the only one who could communicate with the woman at the front desk. The woman insisted we leave our room key whenever we left the room which was not exactly what I wanted to do, but when in Rome I guess... She was always looking at us a bit strangely, and when Ryan knocked on the mirrored windows to get the key back (while reaching over a box of condoms placed there) she would try to talk to us in Korean... obviously to no avail at this point. I think she was surprised that we had stayed multiple nights, as most guests we were told by the other foreign teachers at the school, rent the room hourly. If you know what I mean. It was only when we were sans bags and took the stairs coming home on the second night when we noticed it. Bright pink and glowing it immediately caught our eyes. "What is that?" I said. Upon closer inspection I noticed that it was in fact, a vending machine. But it wasn't just any vending machine... See below for a good laugh!

2 comments:

  1. What an introduction to a new country!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! "If you know what I mean." I love it!

    And I love the quotes at the bottom of your blog. I just noticed them.

    ReplyDelete