Friday, August 6, 2010

Mr. and Mrs. Sokolow!


When I think about Thanksgiving, one of my first thoughts is Chelsea.  Being very close to me in age, she was the cousin I always looked forward to seeing when we spent the holiday in Eugene with my dad’s extended family. 

In early years Chelsea and I started off at “the kids’ table.”  We gulped Martinelli’s and ran through her house before dinner, stealing spoonfuls of whipped cream on our way through the kitchen.  We listened to girly music, gossiped about boys, and demanded the family turn on "Friends" after the meal.  

On later holidays we sipped wine while discussing "Sex and the City," celebrity gossip, college classes and our potential first careers.  We had the ability to be apart for a year, yet we could pick up exactly where we had left off.  We'd talk for hours, catching up about both of our lives.

I still remember when Chelsea told me about her new boyfriend Brian.  She was giddy and excited, and when I finally saw them together it was obvious that what they have is unique and special.

Today, six years later, their wedding day is upon us.  Unfortunately Ryan and I won’t be there to witness the beautiful event.  This is definitely the hardest part about being so far away from home.

Chelsea and Brian, we love you and are unbelievably happy for you.  We wish you the very best as you start this new chapter in your lives together as husband and wife. 

Congratulations!

No comments:

Post a Comment