Saturday, April 21, 2012

Happy Birthday, Daddy

Last year Ryan and I arrived home from our Asian adventure just in time for my dad's birthday.

We spent the morning together, just me and dad, catching up over coffee and pastries. 
Later we celebrated with two things we both love--wine and Italian food, at a lovely Portland restaurant.

It was a wonderful day and I'm so glad I was home to spend it with him.

{4.21.2011}

One of the things living abroad has taught me is not to take anything for granted.  So often we don't take the time to see family members living close to us because we're busy, or we put off that phone call to a friend we know we should make because we assume we can call them anytime.  Living far away from my loved ones has shown me that the time we spend with the people close to us should be cherished. 

Being home with dad on his birthday last year was the perfect start to the chapter Ryan and I had at home for the summer, and that day was just one of many great memories I've made with my dad.

Although I'm far away from home this year, I wish dad the happiest day!
I am the luckiest girl to you have you daddy, no matter where we are.
I always love you.

1 comment: