Friday, July 1, 2011

Old Friend, New Baby

Living abroad for a year was the most amazing and difficult thing Ryan and I have ever done.  Missing the major milestones of our loved ones was undoubtedly the hardest part of being gone.  During those fourteen months engagements occurred, weddings happened, birthdays passed, and babies were conceived.  During one of our regular phone chats in the fall, my best friend from high school shared the news of her pregnancy.  On April 7th little Branson made his way into the world.  


I've been lucky enough to catch up with mom and baby every couple of weeks since returning home mid April. 


Our most recent date was yesterday afternoon at our favorite lunch place.  At just shy of three months old, Branson was as cute as ever.


I'm so happy that one of my oldest friends is now an amazing mother.  Can't wait until our next visit! 

1 comment: