Sunday, September 4, 2011

Grocery Shopping

I forgot how different it is to shop for groceries here in Korea.  The labels are foreign, the contents are often a mystery, and you're never quite certain if that's dish soap or hand soap that you're taking home.

When I spent the better part of a morning grocery shopping last week, it all came back to me.  I found myself squinting at the labels and sale tags in bewilderment.

Hmmm, which soy sauce should I get?  Your guess is as good as mine.

Kimchi anyone? 

The cheese section was sad.  No cheddar to be found.  The case held a variety of specialty cheeses, and the (oddly) standard shredded mozzerella and American cheese singles.

Blech.  A trip to Costco is in our near future.

In the midst of the foreign items, I found some things I was familiar with.  These....

And these...

I even found black beans!  

There were eleven cans on the shelf.  I bought them all.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you bought all the beans. We always stock up too when we find something not usually available :)

    ReplyDelete