Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving This Year

Ryan and I celebrated at our favorite Korean restaurant after work on Thanksgiving Day.

On Saturday morning we took a nice end of fall walk together, stopping at the store for some last minute Thanksgiving meal essentials.
 

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas....
I had fun trying on some wintery hats... and got some adorable new slippers.
But couldn't quite bear to spend nearly $15 on whipped cream.

At home we spent the day cooking in our cozy (meaning tiny) apartment.
bloody marys
appetizers
cranberry martinis
 
cranberry sauce from dried cranberries=success! 
Four hours (and one power outage) later.... it was dinnertime.
On the menu, aside from the cranberry sauce
Roasted veggie salad, mushroom and walnut stuffing, green bean casserole (Ryan's family's Grandma Beans), mashed potatoes with gravy, mac n' cheese, chicken, and rolls.

And Costco pumpkin pie for dessert.

What a lovely Thanksgiving weekend.

And since I posted about being thankful last week I also wanted to share this fitting quote:
"As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter the words, but to live by them." -John F. Kennedy

And I will.  

Happy Thanksgiving Weekend!

2 comments:

  1. i love those slippers!!! my feet are frozen right now (in my apartment mind you) and i am too lazy to put socks on, but if i had cute slippers like that they'd already be on my feet.

    i wish we had a korean restaurant here :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love eating your dinner. I crave eating pumpkin pie.

    ReplyDelete