Tuesday, November 22, 2011

This is Why He Can't Sit Still

One of my kindergarten students had a birthday last week.  

The afternoon brought singing, birthday cake and Mickey Mouse lollipops.  

The celebration also brought the realization that the little boy I've taught for the last two months has just turned three, meaning I've been teaching English as a second language to a TWO YEAR-OLD.  

As I've mentioned before, the age system is different in Korea than in the US.  Birthday Boy's class is made up of Korean age "four year-olds," who are actually only two or three by American standards.  

It's no wonder he can't sit still.  He's just a baby.
And sometimes it drives me crazy to teach him.  But look at this kid.  
Truly adorable. 

Happy belated birthday J!

No comments:

Post a Comment