Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Three Years

Three years ago today, Ryan and I faced each other and said the vows that would bond us together as husband and wife. 

On that day we never could have guessed where life would take us.  
Unexpected circumstances turned into adventures, bringing new opportunities and life changing experiences.
Since our wedding day there have been ups, downs, adventures and new beginnings.  
Above all there has been love, trust, support, friendship and laughter.

Not to mention moving across the world.  (Twice.)

When we told our friends and family that we were moving to Korea, the response I got was practically unanimous.  
"We can picture Ryan doing that but not you!"  

I have always been somewhat of a homebody, and leaving the city I'd grown up in with all that was familiar and safe was out of character for me at the time.

The fact is Ryan has brought out an adventurous side in me that I never knew existed.  His curiosity and love of life has given me countless new experiences, and opened me up in ways I never could have imagined.  We have grown stronger together everyday.  I haven't really left home because home is with him.

Cheers to that.
"I’m not here because I’m supposed to be here, or because I’m trapped here, but because I’d rather be with you than anywhere else in the world." -Richard Bach

Happy three years, my love.  They've been the best yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment